Bandipora, Nov 18 : A 25-year-old labourer died after receiving a high-voltage electric jolt here in Hajin area of Bandipora district on Wednesday afternoon.
Reports said that a labourer identified as Imtiyaz Ahmad Bhat son of Mohammad Rustum Bhat residence Wadipora Handwara received a high-voltage shock after coming in contact with a live-wire at Kousam Bagh Hakabara of Hajin.
Bhat, as per reports, was immediately removed to nearby hospital, however doctors present there declared him brought dead on arrival.
Meanwhile a police official has confirmed the incident and said that a case has been registered in this regard and further investigations taken up. (GNS)